-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanhan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Fun
-
Budding Writers
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Business_Markets
-
Shopping
-
Travel
-
Restaurants
-
Hotels
-
Investment
-
Yearend Review
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Sports
-
World
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
Entertainment
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> China
‘Suspect in Jiangsu blast among dead’
    2017-June-19  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

THE suspected perpetrator in an explosion that happened Thursday afternoon in East China’s Xuzhou City was among the eight people killed in the incident, police said Friday.

Police identified the suspect as a 22-year-old man surnamed Xu, a local resident of Quanshan District, Xuzhou of Jiangsu Province.

Police said they have collected evidence and completed DNA matching tests to prove Xu’s identity.

Police have found materials for making explosives in Xu’s rental apartment, where there are the words “death” and “killing” written on the wall.

Police said Xu had been suspended from school after he was diagnosed with “vegetative nervous function disturbances.” He then found work and lived in the rented apartment.

The explosion left 8 people dead, including Xu, and 65 others injured. Sources with the hospitals said Friday that among the eight severely injured, four had escaped life-threatening danger.

The blast occurred around

4:48 p.m. Thursday near the gate of a kindergarten in Fengxian County.

In the wake of the explosion, the Ministry of Education on Friday issued an urgent circular asking for enhanced safety checks and controls on campus surroundings.

The circular requires educational departments and schools to carry out a comprehensive check on potential safety loopholes in cooperation with various authorities. (Xinhua)

 

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn