-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanhan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Fun
-
Budding Writers
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Business_Markets
-
Shopping
-
Travel
-
Restaurants
-
Hotels
-
Investment
-
Yearend Review
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Sports
-
World
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
Entertainment
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> Sports
Aubameyang confirms Chinese offer
    2017-August-8  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG said Sunday that he was the subject of a big-money offer from China, but his club Borussia Dortmund insists he will not leave this season.

Aubameyang, who is under contract until 2020, confirms in Sunday’s edition of Die Welt that there was an offer from an unnamed Chinese club, but Dortmund has said he will not leave in 2017/18.

The 28-year-old had been linked to Tianjin Quanjian, which last month signed French striker Anthony Modeste from Dortmund’s rival FC Cologne in a deal reportedly worth 35 million euros (US$41.2 million).

“Yes, I had an offer. But I think the Chinese were hard pressed to submit a bid to Borussia Dortmund,” said Aubameyang. “I think the structures are still not as professional as in Europe.”

And the Gabon international admits he was tempted. “It is normal that you think about it, if so much money is offered,” he said. “I think that anybody would think about it when he gets such an offer.”

The Gabon hotshot, the Bundesliga’s top scorer last season with 31 goals, scored in Saturday’s German Super Cup home defeat to Bayern Munich.

Dortmund lost 4-5 in a penalty shootout after it finished 2-2 over 90 minutes before Marc Bartra had his crucial spot-kick saved in the preseason showdown.

Meanwhile, Quanjian coach Fabio Cannavaro has warned foreign stars who move to China in the belief that it will be an easy payday are doomed to fail.

The Italian World Cup winner signed Modeste on loan last month from Cologne for his Chinese Super League club.

The Frenchman joins a growing list of expensive signings moving to China on big contracts, with Carlos Tevez at Shanghai Greenland Shenhua reportedly on among the highest wages in world soccer.

Tevez has flopped spectacularly however and looks sure to leave China at the end of the season in November.

Cannavaro said: “It depends on the character. If the players come here with motivation, they can really enjoy it. But if the players come here just to get money, they won’t enjoy it.” (SD-Agencies)

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn