-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanhan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Fun
-
Budding Writers
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Business_Markets
-
Shopping
-
Travel
-
Restaurants
-
Hotels
-
Investment
-
Yearend Review
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Sports
-
World
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
Entertainment
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> World
N. Korea vows ‘thousands-fold’ revenge
    2017-August-9  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

NORTH KOREA said Monday it will launch “thousands-fold” revenge against the United States, after the United Nations imposed new sanctions on Pyongyang for its nuclear and missile programs.

The statement came after the U.N. Security Council unanimously approved tough new U.S.-drafted sanctions Saturday, including a ban on coal and other exports worth over US$1 billion.

“We are ready to retaliate with far bigger actions to make the U.S. pay a price for its crime against our country and people,” the country warned via the official Korean Central News Agency.

It said it would take a “stern action of justice.”

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and his North Korean counterpart Ri Yong Ho both attended a meeting of foreign ministers in Manila on Sunday, but avoided any direct contact. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi publicly told North Korea to abide by the new sanctions.

“Do not violate the U.N.’s decision or provoke the international society’s goodwill by conducting missile launches or nuclear tests,” Wang said he told Ri.

Ri did not respond publicly. North Korea’s Rodong Sinmun news website published a commentary dismissing the sanctions as “cooked up by the U.S.,” adding that “the U.S. mainland is on the crossroads of life and death.”

Tillerson said the North must stop testing missiles for an “extended period,” the Associated Press reported Monday.

Tillerson said the U.S. is open to talks with North Korea if it halts its testing of ballistic missiles.

“The best signal that North Korea could give us that they are prepared to talk would be to stop these missile launches,” the U.S.’s top diplomat said, but added, “This is not a ‘Give me 30 days and we are ready to talk.’ It’s not quite that simple. So it is all about how we see their attitude towards approaching a dialogue with us.”

The sanctions ban North Korean exports of coal, iron, iron ore, lead, lead ore and seafood; and also prohibit countries from increasing existing numbers of North Korean workers employed outside the country. The sanctions also ban new joint ventures with North Korea and new investment in existing joint ventures.

North Korea has launched more than a dozen test missiles this year. Concerns were heightened last month when Pyongyang test-fired two intercontinental ballistic missiles.

(SD-Agencies)

 

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn