-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanhan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Fun
-
Budding Writers
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Business_Markets
-
Shopping
-
Travel
-
Restaurants
-
Hotels
-
Investment
-
Yearend Review
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Sports
-
World
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
Entertainment
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> World
At a Glance
    2017-October-11  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

Fukushima crisis

JAPAN could have foreseen and avoided the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, a court ruled yesterday, ordering the government and the power plant operator to pay damages to local residents.

The Fukushima district court’s verdict was the second time the government has been ruled liable for the meltdown in eastern Japan. The court ordered the government and the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) to pay a total of 500 million yen (US$4.4 million) to the plaintiffs, in the biggest class-action suit so far.

Peacekeepers killed

TWO U.N. peacekeepers from Tanzania were killed and 18 more wounded in a series of attacks Monday in eastern Congo by suspected Ugandan rebels of the ADF group.

Secretary-General Antonio Guterres strongly condemned the attacks and urged Congolese authorities “to swiftly investigate these incidents and bring the perpetrators to justice,” U.N. spokesman Stephane Dujarric said.

University shooting

A KENYAN police official said yesterday gunmen have killed two employees of a technical university in Mombasa in a suspected extremist attack. The assault occurred as President Uhuru Kenyatta campaigned in the coastal region for fresh presidential elections later this month.

Migrants rescued

TUNISIA’S navy rescued almost 100 migrants from a sinking boat off its southeast coast late Monday, authorities said, hours after eight people being smuggled to Europe drowned in the same stretch of water. The incidents coincided with the launch of joint patrols by the Tunisian and Italian navies to stem migrant flows.

 

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn