-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanhan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Fun
-
Budding Writers
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Business_Markets
-
Shopping
-
Travel
-
Restaurants
-
Hotels
-
Investment
-
Yearend Review
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Sports
-
World
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
Entertainment
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> Entertainment
Netflix severs ties with Kevin Spacey, drops ‘Gore’ movie
    2017-November-6  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

NETFLIX is officially severing ties with Kevin Spacey amid mounting allegations of sexual harassment made against the “House of Cards” series star and executive producer.

Additionally, the streamer scrapped a Gore Vidal biopic starring Spacey, who has been accused of harassment and assault by over 10 men.

“Netflix will not be involved with any further production of ‘House of Cards’ that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with Media Rights Capital (MRC) during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show,” a representative for the streamer said in a statement Friday. “We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film ‘Gore,’ which was in postproduction, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey.”

Netflix’s decision to cut ties with the actor comes days after “Star Trek” actor Anthony Rapp alleged in a BuzzFeed News interview published Oct. 29 that Spacey made unwanted sexual advances toward him in 1986, when Spacey was 26 and Rapp was 14. Spacey issued a statement in which he said he did not remember the incident but “sincerely apologized.” Spacey also drew ire when he used that same statement to come out as a gay man.

Allegations continued to mount against Spacey, including from several “House of Cards” employees who spoke to CNN about their experiences with Spacey. One production assistant recalled Spacey putting his hands down the assistant’s pants without his consent and then later touching him inappropriately a second time. Another crewmember recalled Spacey massaging his shoulders and touching his stomach.

MRC said it had set up an anonymous complaint hotline, crisis counselors and sexual-harassment legal advisers for the crew of “House of Cards.”

The uncertain future of “House of Cards” comes after two episodes of the show’s sixth and final season had already been shot. Sources said Friday that the writers are actively reworking the final season, which was almost entirely written already, to write Spacey out. Sources expected production to be suspended for at least two weeks as the writers figured out a way to remove Spacey’s Frank Underwood from the narrative.

As for “Gore,” the biopic had wrapped up shooting in Italy in recent days, just as the scandal erupted. Directed by Michael Hoffman, “Gore” has been in production for several months.

Netflix had planned a 2018 release for the movie. Spacey is being investigated by London police over an allegation of sexual assault dating back to 2008.

(SD-Agencies)

 

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn